Gambus Johor Sustainability: Issues and Challenges
Identifying the issues and challenges faced by different parties, departments, and agencies throughout the process can help find solutions to solve these issues and challenges. Then, achieving the article's goal of sustaining the Gambus Johor musical instruments and music for future generations. The purpose of this article is to list out and discuss the issues and challenges of sustaining the Gambus Johor musical instrument and music faced by the radio stations, television stations, the government especially the Ministry of Tourism, Arts, and Culture, school authorities, and Ministry of Communications and Multimedia in Malaysia.
Keywords: Gambus Johor sustainability, Gambus Johor, Issues, Challenges.
Arifin, L. (2015, April 22). Gambus Kian Dilupakan di Johor - berita harian. BH Online. Retrieved April 20, 2022, from https://www.bharian.com.my/bhplus-old/2015/04/48993/gambus-kian-dilupakan-di-johor
Attan, M. N. (2019). Tradisi Persembahan Kumpulan Gambus Nurulhilal Di Johor. Jurnal Penyelidikan Sains Sosial (JOSSR), 1(1), 01–21.
Hilarian, L. F. (2005). The gambus (lutes) of the Malay world: Its origins and significance in zapin Music (Master's thesis, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2005) (pp. 1-25). Singapore: Nanyang Technological University.
Mahmud, N. H. (2021, December 14). Martabat alat muzik tradisi. myMetro. Retrieved April 21, 2022, from https://www.hmetro.com.my/WM/2021/12/788233/martabat-alat-muzik-tradisi
Mohd Bakri, M. A., & Sabran, K. (2021). GAMBUS MELAYU AND ITS THERAPEUTICS PURPOSES. KUPAS SENI Jurnal Seni Dan Pendidikan Seni, 9(2), 77–98. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.37134/kupasseni.vol22.214.171.1241
Mohmad Azaman, A. (2020, February 13). Hero Pembuat Gambus hadramaut. Sinar Harian. Retrieved April 20, 2022, from https://www.sinarharian.com.my/article/69872/LIFESTYLE/Oh!-Lelaki/gambus
Rosli, N. (2013). Gambus sebagai seni warisan yang perlu dipelihara. UNIMAS Institutional Repository. Retrieved April 24, 2022, from https://ir.unimas.my/id/eprint/18875/
Seng, C. (2016, October 26). How One Kelabit woman is single-handedly trying to save her people's culture. CILISOS. Retrieved April 20, 2022, from https://cilisos.my/how-one-kelabit-woman-is-single-handedly-trying-to-save-her-peoples-culture/?_ga=2.64904431.1970291032.1650446935-1867001118.1650446935
Sinar harian. (2021, October 14). Maksimum potensi Industri Kreatif Dengan teknologi digital. Berita Nasional. Retrieved April 21, 2022, from https://www.sinarharian.com.my/article/166929/BERITA/Nasional/Maksimum-potensi-industri-kreatif-dengan-teknologi-digital.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
UiTM Press (the Publisher) has agreed to publish the undersigned author’s paper in Idealogy Journal. The agreement is contingent upon the fulfilment of a number of requirements listed below.
1. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below is original, that it is not in any way libellous or unlawful in Malaysia, that it does not infringe any copyright or other proprietary right. The undersigned hereby represents and warrants that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required. The undersigned represents that he/she has the power and authority to sign and execute this agreement.
2. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below has not been published elsewhere, and also it will not be submitted anywhere else for publication prior to acceptance/rejection by this Journal.
3. By submitting the paper entitled below, the undersigned author agrees to transfer the rights to publish and distribute the paper in an international e-journal (entitled above) to Publisher.
4. The undersigned author agrees to make a reasonable effort to conform to Publisher's submission guidelines and to liaise with the editor to ensure that the requirements of these guidelines are met to a reasonable degree.
5. The corresponding author signs for and accepts responsibility for releasing this material on behalf of any and all coauthors. This agreement is to be signed by at least one of the authors who has obtained the assent of the co-author(s) where applicable. After submission of this agreement signed by the corresponding author, changes of authorship or in the order of the authors listed will not be accepted.