Students 'Understanding and Appreciation of Ethnic Relations Course
The Ethnic Relations Course is a compulsory university course offered to Bachelor's Degree students at Universiti Teknologi Mara Negeri Sembilan Branch, Rembau Campus. There are two faculties that take this course at UiTM Negeri Sembilan Branch Rembau Campus are students from the Faculty of Information Management and the Faculty of Communication and Media Studies. In session II 2018/2019 a total of 52 students took this course where 37 people were from the Faculty of Information Management and 25 people from the Faculty of Communication and Media Studies. This study was conducted to examine the understanding and identify students' appreciation of the Ethnic Relations course. The methodology of this study uses quantitative research through purposive sampling design. Questionnaires were distributed to all students who took the Ethnic Relations Course in session II 2018/2019, which is a total of 52 respondents. The results of the study found that students' appreciation of this course is very good but the field study that involves focus group discussion makes students very interested in the course of Ethnic Relations even though this course revolves around history.
Abd. Rahim Abd. Rashid. 2004. Patriotisme: Agenda Pembinaan Bangsa. Kuala Lumpur: Utusan Publications & Distributors.
Ahmad Sunawari Long. 2009. Pengenalan Metodologi Penyelidikan Pengajian Islam. Bangi: Fakulti Pengajian Islam, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
Amir Awang. (1986). Teori-teori pembelajaran. Petaling Jaya: Penerbit Fajar Bakti Sdn. Bhd.
Ibrahim Saad. 2006. Subjek Hubungan Etnik capai matlamat dengan modul berkesan. Berita Harian, 28 Julai: 14
Kamilen Marzoki. 1989. Aspek-aspek Pendidikan Islam dalam sistem pembelajaran di Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Agama Ma’ahad Hamidiah Kajang: pelaksanaan dan keberkesanannya di dalam kehidupan para pelajarnya. Latihan Ilmiah, Fakulti Usuluddin, Universiti Malaya.
Mager, R.F. (1968). Developing attitude toward learning. California: Fearon Publishers.
Mariam binti Zoolfakar. 2003. Sikap guru dan pelajar terhadap mata pelajaran Pendidikan Moral. Kertas projek sarjana pendidikan yang tidak diterbitkan, Fakulti Pendidikan, Universiti Malaya.
Mohd Hairul Anuar Razak, Jayum A. Jawan, Adlina Abd. Halim, Mohd Mahadee Ismail & Siti Aishah Misri. 2013. Penghayatan dan Kesedaran Patriotisme dalam kalangan Pelatih Program Latihan Khidmat Negara. Malaysian Journal of Youth Studies. Jilid 8 Edisi Jun. Institut Penyelidikan Pembangunan Belia Malaysia.
Mohd Ridhuan Tee Abdullah. 2010. Cabaran Integrasi Antara Kaum di Malaysia: Perspektif Sejarah, Keluarga Dan Pendidikan. Jurnal Hadhari Bil. 3 (2010) 61-84. Institut Pendidikan Islam Hadhari UKM
Nazri Muslim, Nik Yusri Musa & Ahmad Hidayat Buang. 2011. Hubungan Etnik di Malaysia Dari Perspektif Islam. Kajian Malaysia. Vol. 29, No. 1, 2011, 1–28. Universiti Sains Malaysia
Nurhijrah Zakaria, Zuria Mahmud, Mohd Mahzan Awang, Mohd Izham Mohd Hamzah, Ruhizan Mohamad Yasin, Ramlee Mustapha. 2017. Pedagogi Responsif Budaya Dalam Pengajaran Sejarah Untuk Persekitaran Pembelajaran Bilik Darjah Pelbagai Budaya. Jurnal Penyelidikan Pendidikan. Jilid 18. Bahagian Perancangan dan Penyelidikan Dasar Pendidikan, Kementerian Pendidikan Malaysia
Paimah Atoma, Mohd Azmir Mohd Nizah, Latifah Abdul Latiff. 2011. Hubungan Etnik. Edisi Lengkap. Negeri Sembilan: Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia.
Rosman Md. Yusoff & Kassim Thukiman. 2009. Teori dan Pemikiran Mengenai Hubungan Etnik dalam Hubungan Etnik di Malaysia: Perspektif Teori Dan Praktik.
Saifuddin Abdullah. 2005. Patriotisme Alaf Baru: Dari Semangat kepada Khidmat. Belia dan Patriotisme Malaysia. Dlm Hussain Mohamed. Melaka: Institut Kajian Sejarah dan Patriotisme Malaysia, IKSEP.
Shamsul Amri. 2012. Modul Hubungan Etnik. Edisi ke- 2. Bangi: Institut Kajian Etnik Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
Suresh Kumar N Vellymalay. 2014. Etnisiti Dan Interaksi Sosial Dalam Kalangan Murid Pelbagai Etnik Di Bilik Darjah. Journal of Human Capital Development. Volume 7 No. 2, Julai-Desember.
Walberg, H.J. (1984). Improving the productivity of America’s schools. in Educational Leadership, 41(8), 19-30.
UiTM Press (the Publisher) has agreed to publish the undersigned author’s paper in Idealogy Journal. The agreement is contingent upon the fulfilment of a number of requirements listed below.
1. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below is original, that it is not in any way libellous or unlawful in Malaysia, that it does not infringe any copyright or other proprietary right. The undersigned hereby represents and warrants that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required. The undersigned represents that he/she has the power and authority to sign and execute this agreement.
2. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below has not been published elsewhere, and also it will not be submitted anywhere else for publication prior to acceptance/rejection by this Journal.
3. By submitting the paper entitled below, the undersigned author agrees to transfer the rights to publish and distribute the paper in an international e-journal (entitled above) to Publisher.
4. The undersigned author agrees to make a reasonable effort to conform to Publisher's submission guidelines and to liaise with the editor to ensure that the requirements of these guidelines are met to a reasonable degree.
5. The corresponding author signs for and accepts responsibility for releasing this material on behalf of any and all coauthors. This agreement is to be signed by at least one of the authors who has obtained the assent of the co-author(s) where applicable. After submission of this agreement signed by the corresponding author, changes of authorship or in the order of the authors listed will not be accepted.