Seni Kreatif Dengan Penggunaan Medium Sisa Dalam Era Norma Baharu
Creative Arts with the Use of Waste Medium in the New Norm
Creativity involves thinking skills and thinking that conveys ideas, while critical thinking is thinking that assesses ideas. Creative thinking terminology also carries the meaning of thinking outside the box. The current scenario does not limit us to work, but rather become more creative in thinking of an idea. The creative idea in this artwork arose when a situation asked us to always stay at home, and barred us from going out looking for the material. The uniqueness in its process is the use of materials that replace canvas, acrylic or watercolor, and drawing tools. This is due to the difficulty in obtaining art supply sources due to the Movement Control Order (MCO/PKP) which is still in force. Referring to the scenario, why don't we look around to get an idea? What is the impact if we use existing materials around to be used as a medium? Have we ever considered taking such action when faced with this situation? Isn't that called creativity? Could this be what the New Norm means? This artwork has a back to the basic concept. When the new norm takes place, it is like a baby who needs to learn the norms of life. The abstract paintings created feature basic shapes such as squares and oval that we often see everywhere in our day. It describes the basic concepts as we begin to learn to draw. This is very much related to the new norm that we need to get used to and start from the basics. It’s not just about art, it’s about creativity.
Creative, Creativity, Waste Materials, Recycling, New Norms
Galeri Shah Alam. (2020, September, 28). Pameran KAMI 8: SI+SA. Diperolehi dari https://galerishahalam.com/2020/09/28/pameran-kami-8-sisa/
Al-Biruni Art Gallery. (2020, September, 17). Dialog KAMI 8 "SI+SA". Diperolehi dari https://www.facebook.com/623484918296444/posts/pameran-kami-8-yang-bertemakan-sisa-seri-iskandar-shah-alam-akan-diadakan-pada-1/634060470572222/
The Art Story. (2019, Jun 20). Brazilian Photographer, Sculptor, And Conceptual Artist. Diperolehi dari https://www.theartstory.org/artist/muniz-vik/life-and-legacy/
Prof Madya Dr Norfadilah Kamaruddin. (2020, Julai, 9). Seni Kreatif Dalam Era Globalisasi Norma Baharu. Diperolehi dari https://www.bernama.com/bm/tintaminda/news.php?id=1877048
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
UiTM Press (the Publisher) has agreed to publish the undersigned author’s paper in Idealogy Journal. The agreement is contingent upon the fulfilment of a number of requirements listed below.
1. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below is original, that it is not in any way libellous or unlawful in Malaysia, that it does not infringe any copyright or other proprietary right. The undersigned hereby represents and warrants that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required. The undersigned represents that he/she has the power and authority to sign and execute this agreement.
2. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below has not been published elsewhere, and also it will not be submitted anywhere else for publication prior to acceptance/rejection by this Journal.
3. By submitting the paper entitled below, the undersigned author agrees to transfer the rights to publish and distribute the paper in an international e-journal (entitled above) to Publisher.
4. The undersigned author agrees to make a reasonable effort to conform to Publisher's submission guidelines and to liaise with the editor to ensure that the requirements of these guidelines are met to a reasonable degree.
5. The corresponding author signs for and accepts responsibility for releasing this material on behalf of any and all coauthors. This agreement is to be signed by at least one of the authors who has obtained the assent of the co-author(s) where applicable. After submission of this agreement signed by the corresponding author, changes of authorship or in the order of the authors listed will not be accepted.