A Mediamorphosis on The Book of Yaseen
Most Indonesian Moslems would customarily hold a particular tahlilan ceremony for the deceased family member. Throughout the ceremony, it has been a common tradition to print out a handful amount of the book of Yaseen in order to pay an homage for the deceased. This customized book will be hand out to the guests of the ceremony on every 40th, 100th day of the deceased date. The book contains not only Surah Yaseen, but there are also tahlil recites, prayers and a complete worship arrangement guides with the picture of the deceased on the cover, the full name of the deceased and the list of their close family. As you might expect, on every deceased people, there is a considerable chance of stacking book of Yaseen on every houses. The main expectation of the host of the book of Yaseen is that the guests would read it and hoping it would bring a good merit to the referred deceased person. Hence, it is not meant to be piling and stacking for granted. Another issue would be piles of worn-out papers from the book, shed out from the binding because of the weather or bugs. Therefore, this research is aimed to answer: Is there a possibility of changing the printed version of the book of Yaseen into a digital one? What are the chances and the challenges so it could fulfill the existed media today? The mixed research method will be used to deliver this research with survey as the data collecting tool and proceed with observations and documents. The conclusion of this research is the mediamorphosis of the book of Yaseen is happening and is still going.
Deceased; Mediamorphosis; The book of Yaseen
Kardinata, Hanny. (2015). Desain Grafis Indonesia dalam Pusaran Desain Grafis Dunia. Banten: DGI Press.
Red. (2015). Horison – Buku Yasin Yang Tak Lagi Biasa. https://www.republika.co.id/berita/no8h871/
horison-buku-yasin-yang-tak-lagi-biasa. Diakses pada tanggal 15 November 2021.
Shihab, Quraish. (2001). Perjalanan Menuju Keabadian – Kematian, Surga Dan Ayat-Ayat Tahlil. Jakarta: Penerbit Lentera Hati.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
UiTM Press (the Publisher) has agreed to publish the undersigned author’s paper in Idealogy Journal. The agreement is contingent upon the fulfilment of a number of requirements listed below.
1. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below is original, that it is not in any way libellous or unlawful in Malaysia, that it does not infringe any copyright or other proprietary right. The undersigned hereby represents and warrants that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required. The undersigned represents that he/she has the power and authority to sign and execute this agreement.
2. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below has not been published elsewhere, and also it will not be submitted anywhere else for publication prior to acceptance/rejection by this Journal.
3. By submitting the paper entitled below, the undersigned author agrees to transfer the rights to publish and distribute the paper in an international e-journal (entitled above) to Publisher.
4. The undersigned author agrees to make a reasonable effort to conform to Publisher's submission guidelines and to liaise with the editor to ensure that the requirements of these guidelines are met to a reasonable degree.
5. The corresponding author signs for and accepts responsibility for releasing this material on behalf of any and all coauthors. This agreement is to be signed by at least one of the authors who has obtained the assent of the co-author(s) where applicable. After submission of this agreement signed by the corresponding author, changes of authorship or in the order of the authors listed will not be accepted.