Modifikasi Interaksi Fisik dalam Pameran Virtual
Modification of Physical Interaction in Virtual Exhibition
AbstractPergeseran medium fisik ke medium digital semakin tidak dapat dihindari sejak pandemi Covid-19 merebak sejak awal tahun 2020. Namun ada atau tanpa adanya pandemi ini, perubahan medium ini memang tidak dapat dihindari. Pameran seni secara virtual mulai umum diterapkan diberbagai kesempatan demi keberlangsungan ekosisten seni di Indonesia. Keberadaan pameran virtual bukan untuk menggantikan pameran konvensional namun sebagai alternatif pendekatan yang dapat dilakukan oleh penggiat seni. Keresahan mengenai pameran virtual terjadi karena keterbatasan pameran virtual dalam menciptakan hubungan emosional dengan berbagai pihak yang terlibat. Berdasarkan hal tersebut, penelitian ini akan membahas mengenai upaya penerapan gamification design yang mereplikasi interaksi fisik yang umum terjadi pada sebuah pameran. Tujuan penerapan gamification design adalah untuk memaksimalkan pengalaman pengguna (UX) saat ngunjungi pameran secara virtual sehingga nilai pengalaman dari virtual exhibiton dapat meningkat. Luaran penelitian ini adalah berupa konsep gamification dalam pameran virtual.
Kata Kunci: Virtual Exhibition, Gamification, User Experience, Human Centered Design, Interaction
The shift from physical media to digital media has become increasingly unavoidable since the Covid-19 pandemic began in early 2020. However, with or without this pandemic, changes in this medium are unavoidable. Virtual art exhibitions are starting to be commonly applied on various occasions for the sake of the sustainability of the art ecosystem in Indonesia. The existence of virtual exhibitions is not to replace conventional exhibitions but as an alternative approach that can be taken by art activists. Anxiety about virtual exhibitions is due to the limitations of virtual exhibitions in creating emotional connections with the various parties involved. Based on this, this study will discuss the efforts to implement gamification design that replicates the physical interactions that commonly occur in an exhibition. The purpose of implementing gamification design is to maximize user experience (UX) when
visiting exhibitions virtually so that the experience value of virtual exhibitons can increase. The output of this research is the concept of gamification in a virtual exhibition.
Keywords: Virtual Exhibition, Gamification, User Experience, Human Centered Design, Interaction
Franz, G., Von der Heyde, M., & Bülthoff, H. H. (2005). An empirical approach to the experience of architectural space in virtual reality—exploring relations between features and affective appraisals of rectangular indoor spaces. Automation in Construction, 165-172.
Kelly, C. (2017). Gallery Sound. New York: Bloomsbury Academic.
Sharji, E. A., Peng, L. Y., Woods, P. C., & Choo, K. A. (2020). Designing a Framework for Multimedia Galleries. International Conference of Innovation in Media and Visual Design (p. 227). Tangerang: Atlantis Press.
Simpson, A., Fukuno, A., & Minami, H. (2019). University Museums and Collections as Cultural Hubs: The Future of Tradition. University Museums and Collection, 9-12.
Widjono, R. A. (2020). Analysis of User Experience in Virtual Art Exhibition During Pandemic. Proceedings of the International Conference of Innovation in Media and Visual Design (IMDES 2020). Tangerang: Atlantis Press.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
UiTM Press (the Publisher) has agreed to publish the undersigned author’s paper in Idealogy Journal. The agreement is contingent upon the fulfilment of a number of requirements listed below.
1. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below is original, that it is not in any way libellous or unlawful in Malaysia, that it does not infringe any copyright or other proprietary right. The undersigned hereby represents and warrants that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required. The undersigned represents that he/she has the power and authority to sign and execute this agreement.
2. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below has not been published elsewhere, and also it will not be submitted anywhere else for publication prior to acceptance/rejection by this Journal.
3. By submitting the paper entitled below, the undersigned author agrees to transfer the rights to publish and distribute the paper in an international e-journal (entitled above) to Publisher.
4. The undersigned author agrees to make a reasonable effort to conform to Publisher's submission guidelines and to liaise with the editor to ensure that the requirements of these guidelines are met to a reasonable degree.
5. The corresponding author signs for and accepts responsibility for releasing this material on behalf of any and all coauthors. This agreement is to be signed by at least one of the authors who has obtained the assent of the co-author(s) where applicable. After submission of this agreement signed by the corresponding author, changes of authorship or in the order of the authors listed will not be accepted.