Membangunkan Fitur Reka Bentuk dan Susun Atur Poster Kesedaran Dengan Gabungan Emoji
Developing the Design Features and Layout with Combination of Emoji on Awareness Poster
Poster kesedaran dengan gabungan emoji telah digunakan secara meluas dalam menyampaikan mesej yang berbentuk khidmat masyarakat atau lebih dikenali sebagai Public Service Announcement (PSA). Ia merupakan salah satu alternatif yang sering digunakan bagi menyampaikan mesej atau pesanan kepada masyarakat. Mesej melalui medium poster sebegini dapat disebarkan dengan meluas samaada secara bercetak atau secara digital. Oleh itu, terdapat pelbagai susun atur poster yang dihasilkan mengikut cita rasa masing-masing tanpa mengikut spesifikasi yang sepatutnya. Kajian ini akan mengenalpasti apakah fitur-fitur reka bentuk susun atur yang bersesuaian, lebih mudah dibaca serta menarik minat pembaca. Kajian ini menggunakan kaedah metodologi yang berasaskan rujukan literatur, oleh itu data yang dikumpulkan adalah melalui pelbagai sumber literatur dan temu bual bersama pakar rujuk.
Kata Kunci: Emoji, Poster, Public Service Announcement (PSA), Susun atur.
Awareness’s posters with emoji combination are widely used in conveying the Public Service Announcement (PSA) messages. This type of alternative is frequently used to convey messages to society. The messages in the posters could be spread widely no matter in printed form or digital form. Consequently, various of poster’s layout were produced out there according to designer’s taste and yet not adapting the suit specification such as elements and principles in graphic. Therefore, this research will identify the suitable features design in producing the friendly poster’s layout, readable poster’s layout and layout that easily attract reader’s attention. This research uses literature-based methodology and the data are collected from various literatures as well as through experts.
Keywords: Emoji, Poster, Public Service Announcement (PSA), Layout.
Ambrose, G., & Harris, P. (2012). Basics designs 07 grids (2nd ed.). Lausanne 6, Switzerland: AVA Publishing SA.
Burns, N., & Grove, S. K. (1993). The practice of nursing research conduct, critique, and utilization (2nd ed.). Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: WB Saunders Company.
Churches, O., Nicholls, M., Kohler, M., Thiessen, M., & Keage, H. (2014). Emoticons in mind: An event-related potential study. Social Neuroscience, 9(2), 196-202. doi: 10.1080/17470919.2013.873737
Creswell, J. W. (2012). Educational research: Planning, conducting, and evaluating quantitative and qualitative research (4th ed.). Boston, USA: Pearson
Ebel, R. L. (1967). Evaluating content validity. In D. Payne & R. McMorris (Eds.), Educational and psychological measurement: Contributions to theory and practice (pp. 85–94). Waltham, Massachusetts: Blaisdell Publishing Company
Ghiselli, E. E. (1964). Theory of psychological measurement. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Book Company.
Golden, L. (2015). Emoji History: The background, history, and future of the symbols that have taken over conversation all over the world. Retrieved from https://storify.com/lindsaygolden/emojis-history
Graham, L. (2002). Basic of design layout and typography for beginners. Albany, NY: Thomson Delmar Learning.
Johnson, B., & Christensen, L. (2012). Educational research quantitative, qualitative, and mixed approaches (4th ed.). Alabama, USA: SAGE Publications Inc.
Lu, X., Ai, W., Liu, X., Li, Q., Wang, N., Huang, G., & Mei, Q. (2016, September). Learning from the ubiquitous language: An empirical analysis of emoji usage of smartphone users. Paper presented at the 2016 ACM International Joint Conference, Heidelberg, Germany. doi:10.1145/2971648.2971724
Mahmud, Z. (2008). Handbook of research methodology, a simplified version. Shah Alam, Malaysia: Publication Centre (UPENA).
Miller, L. A., Lovler, R. L., & McIntire, S. A. (2013). Foundations of psychological testing: A practical approach (4th ed.). California, USA: SAGE Publications Inc.
Noraini Idris. 2010. Penyelidikan dalam pendidikan. Malaysia: Mc Graw Hill.
Nunnally, J. C. (1978). Psychometric theory. New York, NY: McGraw Hill Company.
Polit, D. F., Beck, T. B., & Owen, S. V. (2007). Focus on research method, is the CVI an acceptable indicator of content validity? Appraisal and recommendations. Research in Nursing & Health, 30(1), 459-467. https://doi.org/10.1002/nur.20199
Rubio, D. M., Berg-Weger, M., Tebb, S. S., Lee, E. S., & Rauch, S. (2003). Objectifying content validity: Conducting a content validity study in social work research. Social Work Research, 27(2), 94–104. https://doi.org/10.1093/swr/27.2.94
Sabitha M. (2006). Penyelidikan sains sosial: Pendekatan pragmatik. Batu Caves, Malaysia: Edusystem Sdn. Bhd.
Silver, G. A. (1981). Graphic layout and design. Canada: Delmar Publisher Inc. Yaghmaie, F. (2003). Content validity and its estimation. Journal of Medical Education, 3(1), 25–27. Retrieved from http://www.journals.sbmu.ac.ir/index.php/jme/article/view File/870/770
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
UiTM Press (the Publisher) has agreed to publish the undersigned author’s paper in Idealogy Journal. The agreement is contingent upon the fulfilment of a number of requirements listed below.
1. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below is original, that it is not in any way libellous or unlawful in Malaysia, that it does not infringe any copyright or other proprietary right. The undersigned hereby represents and warrants that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required. The undersigned represents that he/she has the power and authority to sign and execute this agreement.
2. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below has not been published elsewhere, and also it will not be submitted anywhere else for publication prior to acceptance/rejection by this Journal.
3. By submitting the paper entitled below, the undersigned author agrees to transfer the rights to publish and distribute the paper in an international e-journal (entitled above) to Publisher.
4. The undersigned author agrees to make a reasonable effort to conform to Publisher's submission guidelines and to liaise with the editor to ensure that the requirements of these guidelines are met to a reasonable degree.
5. The corresponding author signs for and accepts responsibility for releasing this material on behalf of any and all coauthors. This agreement is to be signed by at least one of the authors who has obtained the assent of the co-author(s) where applicable. After submission of this agreement signed by the corresponding author, changes of authorship or in the order of the authors listed will not be accepted.