Perception on Si + Sa as a Theme in a Work of Art Entitled “Free Memories”
The effects from thinking will result in the production of perception. This perception exists in both positive and negative situations. It focuses on the cognitive that explains how human brain responds to the perceptions received from their respective methods of understanding. The exhibition of “Kami 8: SI + SA" has managed to exhibit creative artwork produced by academic staffs from the Faculty of Art and Design UiTM Perak, with the appreciation of the theme "SI + SA" will change the way of delivery or meaning, according to the circumstances and methods of individual personal perception. The research design is based on J.J. Winklemann in producing art works. Data collection consisting of sampling and equipment based on ideal imagery observation methods. Also, samples and equipment were analyzed based on the production of the proposed artwork based on the studio-based research. The artwork "free memories" is produced based on perception and understanding by the author translating in visual form.
Perception, Theme, Artwork
Carla B. (2009) C Arts – Asian Contemporary Art and Culture, Vol.9: Indonesian women Artist Coming into Their Own. Singapura: United Publishing Pte. Ltd. p.38-42.
Gray, C. Malins. (2004). Visualizing research.' A guide to the research process in art and design. Aldershot: Burlington.
Moholo-Nagy, L. (1926). Ismus Oder Kunst (Isms or Art). Translated by Sibyl Moholy-Nagy, in Moholy-Nagy, ed. Richard Kostelanetz, New York: Praeger, 1970.
Muliyadi Mahamood. (2004). Segerak Yusof Ghani. Kuala Lumpur: Utusan Publications & Distributors Sdn Bhd.
Noresah Baharom (2007). Kamus Dewan (Edisi Keempat). Kuala Lumpur: Dewan Bahasa Dan Pustaka.
Noor Azizan R.P. (2020). Katalog Pameran KAMI 8: “SI+SA”: Ulasan Kurator. Perak: FSSR UiTM Cawangan Perak.
Robert J. Belton. (1996). Art History: A Preliminary Handbook. Canada: Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies.
Robert N. (2009). The Jelousy of Ideas: Research Merthod in Creative Art. Australia: Ellikon.
Stout, G., and Baldwin, J. M. (1901). Dictionary of Philosophy and Psychology. New York: The MacMillan Company.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
UiTM Press (the Publisher) has agreed to publish the undersigned author’s paper in Idealogy Journal. The agreement is contingent upon the fulfilment of a number of requirements listed below.
1. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below is original, that it is not in any way libellous or unlawful in Malaysia, that it does not infringe any copyright or other proprietary right. The undersigned hereby represents and warrants that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required. The undersigned represents that he/she has the power and authority to sign and execute this agreement.
2. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below has not been published elsewhere, and also it will not be submitted anywhere else for publication prior to acceptance/rejection by this Journal.
3. By submitting the paper entitled below, the undersigned author agrees to transfer the rights to publish and distribute the paper in an international e-journal (entitled above) to Publisher.
4. The undersigned author agrees to make a reasonable effort to conform to Publisher's submission guidelines and to liaise with the editor to ensure that the requirements of these guidelines are met to a reasonable degree.
5. The corresponding author signs for and accepts responsibility for releasing this material on behalf of any and all coauthors. This agreement is to be signed by at least one of the authors who has obtained the assent of the co-author(s) where applicable. After submission of this agreement signed by the corresponding author, changes of authorship or in the order of the authors listed will not be accepted.