CHARACTERISTIC AND CATEGORIZATION OF MONOPRINT'S AMONG LOCAL ARTISTS IN MALAYSIA
Monoprint is part of the technique that well established in printmaking. The characteristic and categorization of monoprint is easily recognized as a single output and different with the edition that usually created through other medium such as silkscreen, etching, engraving and others. Based from the current and previous studies that related with characteristic and categorization of monoprint, which created by local visual artists in Malaysia need more further detail information and introduction compared to the other develop countries that were established their monoprint medium. Therefore, the objective of this research is to study characteristic of monoprint artwork that explore by printmaker artists in Malaysia and to categorize the selected artworks, in order to recognize the monoprint artwork through their characteristic. This study will begin by selected artworks that show the specific monoprint characteristic that explore by printmaker artists in Malaysia. This study will be conducted by several of monoprint characteristic and categorization from experts. The results of the assessment there were 11 categorizations from two main monoprint characteristic which is creative expression and innovation technique. This study will deliver a proper instruction, guideline, knowledge, and differentiate in between edition and single expression through monoprint. This study has shown that local artist consists of different background and that local artists tried to come out with new approach and dimension in produced monoprint artworks in Malaysia.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
UiTM Press (the Publisher) has agreed to publish the undersigned author’s paper in Idealogy Journal. The agreement is contingent upon the fulfilment of a number of requirements listed below.
1. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below is original, that it is not in any way libellous or unlawful in Malaysia, that it does not infringe any copyright or other proprietary right. The undersigned hereby represents and warrants that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required. The undersigned represents that he/she has the power and authority to sign and execute this agreement.
2. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below has not been published elsewhere, and also it will not be submitted anywhere else for publication prior to acceptance/rejection by this Journal.
3. By submitting the paper entitled below, the undersigned author agrees to transfer the rights to publish and distribute the paper in an international e-journal (entitled above) to Publisher.
4. The undersigned author agrees to make a reasonable effort to conform to Publisher's submission guidelines and to liaise with the editor to ensure that the requirements of these guidelines are met to a reasonable degree.
5. The corresponding author signs for and accepts responsibility for releasing this material on behalf of any and all coauthors. This agreement is to be signed by at least one of the authors who has obtained the assent of the co-author(s) where applicable. After submission of this agreement signed by the corresponding author, changes of authorship or in the order of the authors listed will not be accepted.