The Study On The Best Smartphones Applications For Comic Reading And Publishing During A Pandemic
The adoption and continuous advancement of technology has permeated society, changing the way people interact with technology itself and with the help of technology. Nowadays there are many modern devices are being invented to help with our daily life, including Smartphones, which are widely used around the world. In early 2020, Covid-19 was confirmed, which spread all over the world. The Covid-19 outbreak has made a huge difference in people's lives and economic effects including a lacking source of entertainment like reading a comic book for the people who are locked down during the pandemic. This has led Comic publishers or artists to have a difficult time finding an audience during the pandemic physically. Hence, these Comic publishers and retailers have to adapt to a digital platform ‘mobile publishing’ for smartphone users through a mobile applications approach since smartphone usage worldwide has increased according to the studies. Therefore, this paper will discuss the best smartphone applications for Comic artists to publish their work as a step to find an audience during the pandemic.
Keywords: Covid-19, Smartphones, Mobile Applications, Comic, Comic artists, Publishing.
Alexandra, P., Gilson, B., & Eduardo, C.-R. (2021). WEBTOONS. A PARAMETER GUIDE FOR DEVELOPING WEBCOMICS FOCUSED ON SMALL SCREEN READING. Convergências: Volume XIV, 68.
Azman, F., Zaibon, S., & Shiratuddin, N. (2014). Exploring Digital Comics as an Edutainment Tool: An Overview. Knowledge Management International Conference (KMICe), 589.
Hannah, F. (2013). Manifesting Stories: The Progression of Comics from Print to Web to Print. Sound Ideas, 1.
Itzkoff, D. (2020, April 16). Can Comic Books Survive the Coronavirus Era? Retrieved from The New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/arts/comic-books-coronavirus.html
Tanmay, P., Kaustubh, P., Pranav, K., Ketan, K., & Vishwajit, G. (2022). COMIC READING ANDROID APPLICATION. International Journal of Engineering Applied Sciences and Technology, 2022 Vol. 6, Issue 12, 110.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
UiTM Press (the Publisher) has agreed to publish the undersigned author’s paper in Idealogy Journal. The agreement is contingent upon the fulfilment of a number of requirements listed below.
1. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below is original, that it is not in any way libellous or unlawful in Malaysia, that it does not infringe any copyright or other proprietary right. The undersigned hereby represents and warrants that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required. The undersigned represents that he/she has the power and authority to sign and execute this agreement.
2. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below has not been published elsewhere, and also it will not be submitted anywhere else for publication prior to acceptance/rejection by this Journal.
3. By submitting the paper entitled below, the undersigned author agrees to transfer the rights to publish and distribute the paper in an international e-journal (entitled above) to Publisher.
4. The undersigned author agrees to make a reasonable effort to conform to Publisher's submission guidelines and to liaise with the editor to ensure that the requirements of these guidelines are met to a reasonable degree.
5. The corresponding author signs for and accepts responsibility for releasing this material on behalf of any and all coauthors. This agreement is to be signed by at least one of the authors who has obtained the assent of the co-author(s) where applicable. After submission of this agreement signed by the corresponding author, changes of authorship or in the order of the authors listed will not be accepted.