The Content Analysis of Motion Graphic Elements in Malaysian Music Videos
This research method examines how Malaysian music videos employ motion graphic components. The
study's goal is to investigate the types and frequency of motion graphic elements utilized in Malaysian
music videos, as well as how these elements relate to the video's visual appeal. The visual content of a
total of 10 music videos by well-known Malaysian artists was examined by looking at the motion
graphic elements which are elements of design, style, or types and principles of motion. The study's
findings demonstrated that Malaysian music videos frequently incorporate motion graphic elements,
with typography, animation, and visual effects being the most common forms. Additionally, the study
discovered a substantial link between the employment of motion graphics and the videos' aesthetic
design, indicating that motion graphics are a crucial component of visual storytelling in Malaysian
Keywords: Motion graphic, Music video, Element, Malaysia.
Graphic Elements in Malaysian Music Videos. Journal of Visual Communication, 20(4), 1-15.
Smith, J. (2018). The Art of Motion Graphics in Music Videos: Enhancing Storytelling through Visual
Techniques. Journal of Popular Culture, 45(3), 123-140.
Johnson, A. (2019). The Role of Motion Graphic Elements in Enhancing Music Video Experiences.
Journal of Visual Communication, 12(2), 45-62.
Moving Image. (2022, July 15). A look into Music Video Production Malaysia. Moving Image.
Tan, C. Y. (2017). Digital Transformation of Music Videos in Malaysia: Trends and Implications.
International Journal of Media and Cultural Politics, 14(1), 45-63.
Lee, B. H. (2019). Exploring the Evolution of Malaysian Music Videos: A Cultural Perspective.
Malaysian Journal of Media Studies, 7(1), 20-35.
Dan Oliver. (2014, April 17). 10 stunning motion graphics in music videos. Creative Bloq.
Wang, S., Chen, L., & Li, W. (2020). The Effects of Motion Graphics on Attention and Emotion in
Music Videos. Journal of Media Psychology, 32(2), 78-95.
Fazley Fadzil. (2021). How A Tiny Studio Earned Praise For Yonnyboii’s Latest Animated Music
Video. Esentrika. https://www.eksentrika.com/studio-firepulse/
Krippendorff, K. (2018). Content analysis: An introduction to its methodology. Sage publications.
UiTM Press (the Publisher) has agreed to publish the undersigned author’s paper in Idealogy Journal. The agreement is contingent upon the fulfilment of a number of requirements listed below.
1. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below is original, that it is not in any way libellous or unlawful in Malaysia, that it does not infringe any copyright or other proprietary right. The undersigned hereby represents and warrants that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required. The undersigned represents that he/she has the power and authority to sign and execute this agreement.
2. The undersigned author warrants that the paper entitled below has not been published elsewhere, and also it will not be submitted anywhere else for publication prior to acceptance/rejection by this Journal.
3. By submitting the paper entitled below, the undersigned author agrees to transfer the rights to publish and distribute the paper in an international e-journal (entitled above) to Publisher.
4. The undersigned author agrees to make a reasonable effort to conform to Publisher's submission guidelines and to liaise with the editor to ensure that the requirements of these guidelines are met to a reasonable degree.
5. The corresponding author signs for and accepts responsibility for releasing this material on behalf of any and all coauthors. This agreement is to be signed by at least one of the authors who has obtained the assent of the co-author(s) where applicable. After submission of this agreement signed by the corresponding author, changes of authorship or in the order of the authors listed will not be accepted.